Through the App you can connect to any of your deployed Tags that are within range; requesting their location, performing UWB ranging operations for finding your Tag and downloading stored data sets.
Tag locations are displayed on the mapping screen. The App supports both online and offline mapping so you can still run all TagRanger® operations in the most remote locations.
The App also provides the configuration interface to your Tags allowing you to set operating modes, schedules and update firmware.
Your Smartphone does not need a SIM card or an internet connection to run the TagRanger® App and can still perform all of the interactions with your Tags when offline. This means that once you are set up you can operate anywhere in the world regardless of the availability of an internet connection.
When there is an internet connection available (via WiFi on your Smartphone) you can choose to set up a free TagRanger® Account. This will allow the App to connect to a secure account management portal that stores details of your Finder network of deployed Tags, essentially backing up your whole system. The TagRanger® Account also allows you to carry out effortless upload of GNSS almanac and firmware update files when you have an internet connection.
One of the most powerful features of the TagRanger® System is the in-depth configurations of all the operating functions, which can be managed through the App. As well as defining the optimum functionality for your Tag, you can transform the battery life by ensuring the device is in its lowest possible power state at all times.
Some of the main configurations possible are:
- Long range radio parameters such as frequency band, spreading factor, network join mechanism, transmit period, network listen period (for wake up request)
UWB radio parameters; channel number, timeout period
- GNSS parameters; location accuracy (HDOP/Hacc), acquisition period, first acquisition delay, timeout period, transmit location (on/off), GNSS assist (Almanac, Offline Assist, hybrid assist)
- Accelerometer; Off/Activity trigger/Inactivity trigger, activity threshold, inactivity period, get location on trigger, transmit on trigger
- Geofence; Set up to three geofences and whether to detect in or outside of a geofence
- Advanced windowing; 24 hour/365 day calendar to set activity periods (Long range radio transmitter and receiver)
- Up to 5 Banks of configurations you can switch between in the field
You can find out more about the full list of configurations on the Device Configuration - Create Profiles page.